Friday 11 September 2015

Suggested Town Team policies on transport issues





OLD OAK COMMON

It is suggested that Harlesden Town Team should have some overall policies regarding the huge Old Oak Common development, south of Willesden Junction Station.

The PDF file above illustrates some possible transport policies. Take a look at the five pages.

Please send the Town Team any comments.

We expect to agree the transport policy at an HTT meeting.

Referring to each of the five pages in turn, the policy might be:
    (Page 1)
The Town Team welcomes development at the Old Oak Common area, but wants walking, cycling and the use of public transport to be paramount, and wants to discourage extra use of the private car

    (Page 2)
The Town Team welcomes the aspiration of Boris the Mayor for a new London Overground service from Old Oak Common across Brent, via Harlesden and Neasden stations

    (Page 3)
This map roughly shows the area of the 'Old Oak and Park Royal Development Corporation', which has taken over the planning of the area from the three boroughs of Brent, Ealing and Hammersmith & Fulham

    (Page 4)
The new High Speed 2 and Crossrail station will serve as many passengers as Waterloo station. Old Oak Common may also generate 24,000 homes and 55,000 jobs. This map shows our suggestion for a 'Harlesden Bypass'. That will avoid all the extra traffic falling on the existing A404 Harrow Road / Harlesden High Street through Harlesden. We would try and divert all heavy lorries on to the bypass, instead of passing through Harlesden.

    (Page 5)
This map summarises all railway links in the area - existing, agreed, and speculative. The Town Town would lobby for the maximum investment in railway links like these, as well as for cycle routes and new and enhanced bus services.

WILLESDEN JUNCTION STATION

Harlesden Town Team has found out that there may be improvements to Willesden Junction station, due to the Old Oak Common development.

Please consider what sort of changes you would like to see there, and tell the Town Team.

In particular though, we would like to suggest the following:
(1) The 'high-level' platforms should be moved, so that a new booking office can be opened on the Harlesden High Street road bridge (part of the A404 Harrow Road).

It would still be easy to get between those platforms and the existing 'low-level' platforms, for the Bakerloo Line and Euston-Watford Junction trains.

The horrible steep steps from Harlesden High Street and the long footpath to the station would be removed.

Instead, there would be wide covered steps, and a lift, directly from the booking office to the 'high-level' platforms.

(2) A wide and well-lit footpath over the main line tracks has been mentioned, from the Old Oak Common area. We want that path extended. It should connect to both Station Approach off Station Road, and to Harlesden High Street, next to the new booking office.

We don't want to allow road traffic over that bridge from Old Oak Common.

(3) The Town Team would support a new road across the station land. It would join up Station Approach and Harlesden High Street, and would reduce traffic on Tubbs Road and Nightingale Road. However, it might have to be limited to buses and cycles, to stop it being overwhelmed by traffic avoiding the centre of Harlesden.
Please give any comments on this subject to the Town Team.

2 comments:

  1. How Lemeridian funding service  grant me a loan!!!

    Hello everyone, I'm Lea Paige Matteo from Zurich Switzerland and want to use this medium to express gratitude to lemeridian funding service for fulfilling his promise by granting me a loan, I was stuck in a financial situation and needed to refinance and pay my bills as well as start up a Business. I tried seeking for loans from various loan firms both private and corporate organisations but never succeeded and most banks declined my credit request. But as God would have it, I was introduced by a friend named Lisa Rice to Le_meridian funding service and undergone the due process of obtaining a loan from the company, to my greatest surprise within 48hrs just like my friend Lisa, I was also granted a loan of $216,000.00 So my advise to everyone who desires a loan, "if you must contact any firm with reference to securing a loan online with low interest rate of 1.9% and better repayment plans/schedule, please contact Le_meridian funding service. Besides, he doesn't know that am doing this but due to the joy in me, I'm so happy and wish to let people know more about this great company whom truly give out loans, it is my prayer that GOD should bless them more as they put smiles on peoples faces. You can contact them via email on {lfdsloans@lemeridianfds.com Or lfdsloans@outlook.com} or Text through Whatsapp +1-989 394 3740.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello everyone, I'm Patricia Sherman in Oklahoma USA right now. I would like to share with you my experience of borrowing USD $185,000.00 to clear my bank draft and start a new business. It all started when I lost my house and I took my stuff because of the bank policy and I met some bills and some personal needs. So I became very desperate and started looking for funds in every way. Fortunately for me, a friend of mine, Linda told me about a credit company firm, I was intrigued by the fraud, but I was intrigued by my situation and had no choice but to get advice from my friend about this company. contacting them really doubted me because of my past experience with online lenders, did you know that little? '' Elegantloanfirm@hotmail.com This company has been very helpful to me and my colleague and today, thanks to this credit company, the proud owner of well-organized work and responsibilities, they smiled back at me. So if you really need to grow or start your own business, or if you really need to borrow money in any financial hardship, we recommend you find a financial development opportunity in your business today. {E-mail:} Elegantloanfirm@hotmail.com ... online for credit not a victim of scam. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete


The promised videos...

Cycling on Western Avenue

North Circular Road incident

Stonebridge rail workers

ROAD SAFETY in West London